COVID-19 Safety Requirements to Participate in JMM 2022
Your health is top priority at our in-person meeting.
All participants, vendors, and staff must adhere to the following:
Before you travel
- Vaccines required: COVID-19 vaccine will be required for all participants except for those with medical or religious exemptions.
- For those who can’t be vaccinated: Negative PCR test 72 hours before travel. Per the most recent vaccine verification health order of King County/Seattle, this test will be valid for 3 days. Should the three days negative COVID-19 test expire prior to the end of their attendance at the meeting, they will be required to be retested prior to expiration to ensure a negative test status throughout the length of their attendance at the meeting. Only results from a test administered by an FDA approved testing agent will be accepted. Antigen tests that are self-administered will not be accepted. Visit a rapid test center located at #2 or #5 shown on this map of local testing sites, providing FDA approved rapid tests. You may also schedule an appointment for a test at the WSCC. It will be open 7:00 am-3:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Any costs related to getting tested will be the sole responsibility of individuals.
- CLEAR App usage: Download CLEAR app and complete necessary information and uploads. All participants will be required to provide the mandatory pre-arrival information within 1 day of their arrival date. Required information will include identity verification and upload of vaccination or proof of test results. See instructions below to start the process.
- Prepare for a cashless meeting. Only debit, credit cards, or checks can be used to pay for transactions related to registration; however, no checks can be cashed. No cash will be accepted for the JMM or anywhere in the center, including all public areas. All exhibitors will be encouraged to go cashless.
- Pack extra masks. Everyone will be required to wear face coverings in all indoor locations of the meeting, regardless of vaccination status.
- Bring a reusable water bottle (and label it). Water bottle filling stations will be located throughout the center. A limited amount of compostable cups will be available at each station.
- Take a picture of your documents on your mobile device. Several businesses, including hotels and restaurants, will require you to show proof of vaccination or negative PCR test results and often, a picture will suffice. Your Health Pass can only be used as proof in the center and some of the JMM hotels. See hotel section below.
- Register for the meeting online. You will need a green Health Pass to enter the registration area and you have to be registered for the meeting to create a Health Pass for the meeting. So, all NEW registrations will have to be done online during the meeting. You will not be able to enter the registration area to register for the meeting.
- The Health Pass will NOT be related to your travel outside the meeting in any way.
- Currently, anyone 18 or older with a US state ID, driver license, US or international passport (excluding OFAC countries), or permanent resident ID is eligible for a CLEAR membership and to use Health Pass. Health Pass is a FREE service but you must enroll in CLEAR to use it. Any children 13 years and younger do not need a Health Pass to enter the JMM. See alternate options for minors who are 14 - 17 years and who are not accompanied by their parents or guardians. Parents can add their children under their account.
- Manual options are offered for anyone that will not be able to upload the app on any devices supported by CLEAR. See details.
- International participants will not be able to use CLEAR because CLEAR cannot validate their documents. Manual options are offered to international participants to enter the meeting. See details.
- Health Pass is a free service on the CLEAR app that connects your verified identity with your health insights to provide safer, easier passage to the places and among the people you love. The vaccine card you upload will sync with Health Pass for easier access to venues accepting COVID-19 vaccinations for entry.
- Privacy is at the center of everything within CLEAR, which is fully committed to protecting your information. CLEAR will never sell or rent personal information. Personal information is only used to deliver a frictionless and secure experience with CLEAR.
- CLEAR’s security program was implemented in accordance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s security control framework. CLEAR’s comprehensive information security program utilizes industry best practices with administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security, confidentiality or integrity of CLEAR systems and information. Such practices include, but are not limited to, encryption at rest and in transit, firewalls, multi-factor authentication, personnel security, privacy and security training, and intrusion detection and data leakage tools. CLEAR was certified as highly compliant with the Federal Information Security Management Act, which governs requirements for protecting sensitive data.
- See further information on how CLEAR protects your personal information.
- The AMS will never have access to any of your personal information. The AMS will only have access to reporting provided by CLEAR; for example, “How many people have verified, unique verifications, etc.” Given HIPPA compliance rules, CLEAR will not be able to tell the AMS who such individuals are until they are onsite.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy using CLEAR, please contact them.
Start the process toward creating your required Health Pass NOW.
Step 1: CLEAR Health Pass Set-up
- See an illustrated PDF of steps to follow.
- Download the CLEAR app for FREE from either the Apple App Store or from Google Play (for Android phones). Click on the CLEAR app.
- New to CLEAR? When prompted, enter your email address, phone number, and have a government-issued photo ID ready
- Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to verify your identity
- Note: your account must be set up with the same name that you used to register for the meeting.
- Once you download the app, click OPEN.
- You will see the Welcome screen. Scroll down. (DO NOT click “Create your health pass” yet. You will only create a health pass after you receive our JMM event code, due to be emailed out the week of December 13th.)
- Scroll down until you see the 3rd tile (blue) named "Digital vaccine card". Click "add my vaccination".
- You will now upload your information, including your vaccination card. *NOTE: Set up your account with the same name you used to register for the JMM. This ensures we'll get your status.
- Click the large blue “Get Started” button at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions.
- Once your vaccination record has been uploaded, it may take up to 30 minutes for your status to be verified.
- Parents can add their children under their account.
- Exceptions will only be made for international participants who cannot use the CLEAR app and for participants that do not have a device that supports apps. See details.
Need help with the app?
Call 855-CLEAR-ME or email email@example.com or tap “Get in Touch” in the app for assistance
Note: CLEAR will not share any information about your vaccinations or test results with event organizers.
Step 2: Enter JMM code
See detailed steps on how to enter the event code for the JMM 2022 and what to do afterwards.
- Face covering: Please wear a mask during travel.
- Follow local and transportation guidelines.
Before checking in or on-site registration (Day 1)
- *Full arrival procedure will be available by December*
- Complete CLEAR Health Pass (selfie + 5-question health survey)
- Proceed to registration in the Sheraton Grand Hotel and have your CLEAR Health Pass scanned at the CLEAR desk, which will be located in the foyer outside the ballroom where registration will take place. Registration will be located in the Grand Ballroom AB, 2nd floor. If your pass is cleared, enter the ballroom to print your badge. Your pass will only be scanned once---on the day you arrive and before you print your badge.
- Self-print your meeting badge in the ballroom and receive a color-coded sticker for that day, along with other materials available. Place the sticker on your badge. Only people with a “green” Health Pass will be allowed to print a badge. The stickers on badges will be monitored by staff and security throughout the meeting so all stickers must remain on badges.
- You may also register online throughout the meeting. Register in your hotel room and just come to the desk to print your badge. No badges will be mailed out before the meeting. Due to restrictions on entering the registration area, NEW registrations can only be done online.
At the start of each day (Day 2+)
- Create a new Health Pass before leaving your hotel room by taking a selfie and completing the 5-question health survey.
- Proceed to the center or hotel, depending on where your first event is scheduled, and present your Health Pass at a checkpoint. If you produce a “green” Health Pass, you will receive a color-coded sticker for that day. Place the sticker on your badge. Stickers will only be given to people with badges and a “green” Health Pass. Checkpoints will be designated on maps included in the program book, mobile app, and on signage throughout the meeting. The stickers on badges will be monitored by staff and security throughout the meeting, so all stickers must remain on badges.
- If you lose your badge, go to the Registration Desk at the Sheraton Grand Hotel and present your Health Pass. If your pass is green, you will be instructed to print a new badge and receive a color-coded sticker for that day. Cost to replace a badge is \$5.
- A participant who cannot produce a “green” health pass on any given day will not be admitted to the meeting or any social gatherings held in meeting spaces. Negative answers to questions in the survey will result in a health pass that will not clear you to enter the meeting (indicated by a color other than “green”), and you will not be granted access to the meeting. If that happens, you will be directed to take other measures, depending on the reasons your pass was not cleared. Sometimes symptoms such as a runny nose or coughing could be related to a pre-existing condition (such as seasonal allergies). If so, you would be advised to either take measures to relieve your symptoms and take the survey again or locate a local COVID test center, preferably one that does rapid tests, and upload your results. Only results from a test administered by an FDA approved testing agent will be accepted. Antigen tests that are self-administered will not be accepted.
- Visit a rapid test center located at #2 or #5 shown on this map of local testing sites, which provide FDA approved rapid tests. Any costs related to getting tested will be the sole responsibility of individuals.
- Schedule an appointment for a test at the WSCC. It will be open 7:00 am-3:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Any costs related to getting tested will be the sole responsibility of individuals.
- Bring debit or credit cards for this cashless meeting.
Inside the meeting
- Face Covering Policy: Everyone will be required to wear face coverings in all indoor locations of the meeting, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be worn at all times except while eating or drinking. Extra masks will be available at the Registration Desk and other locations throughout the meeting; however, everyone is encouraged to bring their own masks.
- Socially Distanced Seating: Within the design of our meeting spaces, we will offer various distanced seating sections to accommodate various levels of comfort. Room capacities will be monitored throughout the meeting.
- Socially Distanced Exhibits, Poster Session, Employment Center: Within the design of our meeting spaces, exhibit booths and tables will be placed farther apart to accommodate various levels of comfort.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations & Wipes: Ample hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the hotels and center. In addition, we will place tubs of wipes in locations throughout the meeting, including entries into meeting rooms, etc.
- Plexiglass shields: Where possible, plexiglass shields will be used, such as on stations at the Registration Desk and the AMS Exhibit. All exhibitors will be encouraged to use them. Where plexiglass shields are not possible for speakers, ample space will be placed between the first row of seats and the stage, where speakers will stand. For example, the first row of seats will be placed 10 feet from the stage in the Invited Address Room. Speakers will not be required to wear masks while giving their talks.
- Contact Tracing: Sign-in sheets will be placed at the entrance to every meeting room and participants will be encouraged to sign in with their name and time of entrance. This will aid with any contact tracing that may be needed after a meeting.
- Designated Eating Areas: Areas where people can eat will be designated at all receptions. "To Go" containers will be available for anyone that is not comfortable with taking off their mask to eat and wants to eat in a more private area.
- Wristband Color Interaction System: We know that one of the most “awkward” moments that may happen during the meeting is determining how to interact with others based on their levels of comfort, especially those we have not seen for a long time. To help each other reduce those awkward moments and facilitate better networking, we will use a voluntary green-, yellow-, and red-color-interaction system. This system will help everyone better understand how to approach and interact with others based on their chosen color. Everyone may select a color after they’ve received their badge. Everyone may place their wristband wherever they think it will be the most visible to others. Anyone can opt to not wear a wristband. Wristbands will only be distributed at the Registration Desk.
Here is what each color means:
- Green – Elbow bumps are definitely welcome.
- Yellow – I’m being a bit cautious so thanks for respecting my space.
- Red – My bubble is still 6 feet.
There may be circumstances during the meeting where it might be a challenge to practice these interactions. We kindly ask everyone to actively look for the color indicator and to be conscious of how to approach others. All wristbands will also have the name of the color printed on them.
Also, for your comfort and health
- Please sign in before each event to help with future contact tracing if needed.
If you have symptoms
- You should not attend the meeting if you are experiencing or exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms or if you were recently exposed to a person with a positive and confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days. For a list of symptoms from the CDC, click here.
- Negative answers to the CLEAR Health Pass survey (indicated by a light other than “green”) means you will not be granted access to the meeting. If that happens, you will be directed to take other measures, depending upon the reasons the pass was not cleared. Sometimes symptoms such as a runny nose or coughing could be related to a pre-existing condition (such as seasonal allergies). If so, you would be advised to either take measures to relieve your symptoms and take the survey again or locate a local COVID test center, preferably one that does rapid tests, and upload your results. Only results from a test administered by an FDA approved testing agent will be accepted. Antigen tests that are self-administered will not be accepted.
- Visit a rapid test center located at #2 or #5 shown on this map of local testing sites, providing FDA approved rapid tests.
- Schedule an appointment for a test at the WSCC. It will be open 7:00 am-3:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Any costs related to getting tested will be the sole responsibility of individuals.
If you contract COVID
- No participant who tests positive for COVID-19 onsite will be admitted to the meeting or any social gatherings held in the meeting spaces. In accordance with CDC guidelines, participants who test positive will be asked to quarantine at their hotel for 10 days, at their expense.
Please read the protocols that all hotels are following to ensure that you will be able to adhere to them during your stay.
- Sheraton Grand - Accepts JMM Health Pass
- Hyatt and Olive 8
- Washington Athletic Club - Accepts JMM Health Pass
- Email us. We're here to help.
- JMM Home
- Access to Virtual Platform
- General Instructions
- Policies and Statements
- Broadcasting and Photographing
- Scientific Program
- Virtual Program
- Index of Programs by Organization
- Invited Speakers - A Closer Look
- Child Care
- Child Care Grants
- Exhibitor Spotlights
- Mathematical Art Exhibition
- Additional Exhibitor Events and Activities
- Prizes and Awards
- Prizes and Awards
- Professional Development
- AMS Short Course
- Dept Chairs Workshop
- How to Register
- Registration Fees
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Social Networking