Plans are underway for the 2015 Joint Mathematics Meetings!
The largest mathematics meeting in the world is returning to San Antonio, one of the friendliest cities in the nation and where southern hospitality meets Texas charm to create a culture that’s adept at making visitors feel at home. The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) and the American Mathematical Society (AMS) invite you to join them there for the next Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM). This will be the 98th annual winter meeting of MAA and the 121st annual meeting of AMS. The JMM will again host sessions by the Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL), the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM), the National Association for Mathematicians (NAM), and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
What to Expect from this Meeting
Top features of this meeting are:
- a comprehensive and rich scientific program geared toward mathematicians of all ages and levels of expertise;
- featured lectures;
- recognition of numerous mathematical achievements through Prize and Award Ceremonies;
- courses such as the AMS Short Course and the MAA Minicourses;
- many activities for students including the Graduate School Fair for undergraduate students;
- poster sessions for young mathematicians and undergraduate students;
- employment opportunities at the Mathematical Sciences Employment Center;
- the Mathematical Art Exhibition that includes works by artists in various media;
- the Who Wants to Be a Mathematician Competition that showcases the brilliance of ten of the nation's best high school math students
- exhibits filled with some of the leading scientific publishers, well-known computer hardware and software manufacturers, well-known health and lifestyle companies, companies offering mathematics enrichment products, and professional organization
So mark your calendar and bookmark this page because all updated information will be posted here first.